Special Olympics TN
Special Olympics TN Fitness Coaches
Special Olympics Fitness Program
Special Olympics Tennessee Fitness program is an inclusive, community-based fitness and health program designed for Special Olympic Athletes and our population of individuals with intellectual disabilities. This project will educate and prepare coaches interested in training our athletes and allow for increased access to weekly group fitness, nutritional and health screening programs supported by Special Olympics Tennessee.
We are looking for amazing Coaches, to take on a Fall or Spring, 9-week program that meets for 1-day per week for a 60 minute class, with pre and post-fitness testing assessment days, at your affiliated fitness facility.
Support Materials to Host a 9-week Program:
- Fitness Coaches Training (Video) on working with Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ID)
- Online Concussion Training (Video)
- 9-week Program Manual, Step-by-Step guide
- Weekly PDF Nutritional Handouts
- Pre and Post-Fitness Assessment Guidelines and Materials
- Weekly support from the Special Olympics Tennessee Fitness Director